Otherwise known as Amie’s American Idel recap! 🙂
Did you watch? What did you think? I’m putting it below the cut for Amanda.
Ooooooooo Anne Frasier is over at SFC Today blogging behind the book
I have to admit I’m not a big Beatles fan however I was surprised at how many songs I was familiar with!
1. Syesha Mercado “Got to Get You Into My Life” — I was bored. I thought the lower range notes were rough. I can’t read my notes so I don’t remember what Simon said however i do agree w/Randy–it was just allright.
2. Chikezie –Needs no Last Name– “She’s a Woman” — Can you say, “Someone brought their A game,” Boys and girls. I knew you could. DAWG you totally hit it out of the park. Loved the arrangement, loved the dancing, loved the energy!
3. Ramiele “In My Life” — I thought it was beautiful, poignant and perfect. I did NOT agree w/Simon or Randy who said she was boring however I do agree with Paula that Ramiele is pretty 🙂
PS Ramiele–please stop singing slow songs!
4. Jason C my Aggie dude!!! Gig ‘Em!!! he did “If I Fell” — It had a soft alt rock feel–very um Lifehouse? I actually liked it but I do agree w/Simon here in that it was kinda boring (IE Safe). You can do better dude.
5. Carly Smithson “Come Together” –with the understanding that I hate this song becuase when I was a kid it freaked me out, bigtime, I Really loved her performance. Another person who brought their A game. I liked the bluesy feel to it and it gave me chills.
6. David Cook “Elenor Rigby” — another that I don’t really care for however I thought he did a stellar job, and he’s got that really strong, convincing rocker voice (hairboy who went home take note because this is how it’s done)
7. Brooke White “Let it Be” — I think this was STELLAR and that she gave it that extra push she didn’t give it last week. It might not have been the strongest vocally but it was very sincere. And she looked nice too 🙂
8. David Hernandez “I Saw Her Standing There” –I could say tons of tacky things but I won’t. Dude…this was not great. Frankly it was kinda
9. Amanda Overmeyer “YOu Can’t Do That”–GIRL!!!!! It was GOOD!!!! I thought it was really strong and I agree w/Randy even though I don’t know what he said because I didn’t write it down. I liked the Southern Rock Feel.
Someone just told Paula to shut up–musta been Simon.
10. Michael Johns “Across the Universe” — Kinda boring. That’s all I wrote. Just “Kinda Boring”–Dude this is NOT the time to be kinda boring.
11. Kristi Lee Cook “Eight Days a Week” — Um you get props for trying but it felt frantic and yes, I have to agree w/the Dolly Parton assessment that I think Simon tagged you with. I could totally see this on stage in Branson Missouri (no offense to those Bransonites who read my blog)
12. David Archuletta “We Could Work It Out” –again not a fave song of mine. And you forgot the words. Something didn’t work and this felt sloppy to me. We know you can do better–work it out, k?
It’s anybody’s game and Kristi could have enough fans to keep her in it. I can’t remember how many go home at this point but I’m saying poor Kristi and David Hernandez are up for grabs–no puns intended.