Yes Yes I’m FINALLY posting the bread recipe I promised like last week!
Gluten Free Honey Flax Bread (I do NOT remember where I found this)
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar or honey
2 1/2 cups Almond Blend Flour
3/4 c. golden flax seed
1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup butter or dairy free margarine, melted
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp cider vinegar
1. Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside until foamy (probably about 10 minutes or so)
2. In another bowl combine flour, flax, xanthan gum and salt
3. With mixer on low speed, add yeast mixture to flour mixture
4. Add butter, honey, eggs and vinegar
5. Beat on high for 2 minutes
1. Spray pan with cooking spray (I used a glass 9 x 13 pan)
2. Spread batter evenly into pan (it’s a batter not dough so has a thick, brownie batter like consistency)
3. Smooth top
4. Cover and let rise 1.5 to 2 hours (mine seemed to double in size)
5 Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour (Cover for second half hour to prevent over-browning.
6. Allow to cool 30 minutes before cutting.
Now, this is where I changed stuff up:
1. I used Agave Nectar instead of honey.
2. I added 1 c flax seed
And WOW!!!!!!!! It smelled like real bread while rising AND baking and tasted like a nutty, grainy bread–very YUM and VERY EASY!!! Which totally works for me. ANDDDDDDD My face didn’t break out….WOOT!
I ate 2 pieces toasted w/peanut butter on one for breakfast and wasn’t hungry until lunch–also another huge plus for me.
Up next…Greek Chicken!