Join us at Southern Fried Chicas today for Behind the Book with Julie Cohen. She’s talking about HIS FOR THE TAKING (under its original title, DRIVING HIM WILD) was shortlisted for the Romantic Novelistsâ€™ Associationâ€™s 2008 Romance Prize, for the yearâ€™s best category romances.
Ok now on to American Idle (yes I KNOW I spelled it wrong). Overall I have to agree with Simon–few of the performances were memorable or stood out–a sad disappointment after the promise of Hollywood Week.
Paula……my chicky dude, do you smoke CRACK? I don’t think you spoke one coherent sentence the entire night!
1. David H–dude, I love you. WTF happened? Okay I’ll cut you some slack because you had to go FIRST, but next time *shakes finger*
2. Chikezee –dude sorry for butchering your name. I actually liked the throwback 60’s vibe (and I’m not much of one for 60’s music)
3. David Cook–my bald mohawk dude, you totally brought your A game. I really liked the modern feel of your song.
4. Jason Yeager–my local dude, WTF? I totally agree with Simon. Sorry to see you go home so soon.
5. Robbie C–my forgettable dude, I don’t even remember what you looked like but my note here says “Okay” –that’s not good, dude.
6. David A–I so hart you dude. You are so cute and you had so much fun. Now, go buy yourself a bottle of poise and stop with the nervous giggle thing when you try to talk.
7. Danny N–dude, you remind me of the nephew from Ugly Betty and I like that about you–I like that you seem to know who you are, and you can stalk smack to Simon, but dude, that song was kinda frantic. I was disappointed because I’ve seen you do better.
8. Luke M–my bad dude. You were just bad and forgettable. I have to agree w/Simon on this one. Sorry to see you go so soon.
9. Colton–Yo dude, FWIW I totally didn’t agree w/Simon and I thought his performance was fun and he seemed to have a good time.
10. Garrett–my hairy dude…GET A HAIRCUT! You look like Leif Garrett not Peter Frampton. Frankly maybe you should have SUNG Peter Frampton (Do you feel like I do?? *sigh*). You look like you’re drowning and you were kind of forgettable.
11. Jason (Castro?)–my hairy semi-local dude…didn’t much care for the braids but you have such a gorgeous face and beautiful eyes! I thought you were cute and hip. Two thumbs up.
12. Michael–my Ausie dude…….you took the prize. *bows down*
Just to recap, I think Luke M and Jason Yeager are going home IMO.
Now, let’s see what the ladies can do tonight.
PS I actually wrote like 2 pages last night. I’ve written myself into a bit of a corner so it’s going to take some mulling.